Sunday 29 March 2015

Samantha Finished!!!

Morning all!

I've had an excellent week and in addition to passing an exam I thought I'd failed and being invited to an interview, I've finally finished Samantha!!

Boring stuff first - Design by Lanarte, stitched on 28 Count peach Evenweave, mainly 2 over 2, background 1 over 2 and a tiny bit of backstitch on the nose and mouth.  It's taken me 9 years, 11 months whilst doing many other projects and approximately 200 hours.  i don't know for sure as I wasn't recording this before 2009.

So here she is:


I'm going to take her to the framers this week and hang her in time for my Nanna's memory since she thought me to stitch and I used some of the inheritance to buy this kit.  I thought it was apt given the name of the design and the fact I'd fallen in love with it when I saw an advert for it in the World of Cross Stitch.  She passed away 10 years ago on April 15th, so I'll mark it then by hanging this gorgous picture.

Husband is on form though asking what I'll finish next!!! I'm going to be working on Frogs Kissing today, but then this week when I've got all the threads together for the Kitten Playing, I'll be doing that on the evenings as I need good light for the HAEDs.  I'm on holiday for almost 2 weeks from Friday so I'm hoping to get lots of stitching time in then and I'll also have time to post an update of the Froggies and the Kitten!

Happy Stitching!

12 comments:

  1. WOW, you must feel great having finished this wonderful lady and after such a long time too! It's amazing what stamina we cross stitcher can have when it comes to finishing projects....!

    Annie
    http://www.mylittlexstitchnook.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing this beautiful design. I have been stitching a Joan Elliott design of a Geisha Girl for about the last 2 years and hope to finish sometime soon. The picture of it is on my blog (www.aviewtothefells.com). I love the cat design as well. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats she looks great! It must be so satisfying to have a finish after that long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful. Well done and congratulations on this finish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your finish. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous finish Sam, well done that's quite an achievement! Looking forward to seeing a picture when she's back from the framers and of the kitties and frogs too. Enjoy your time off

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finish! Congratulations on a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah it looks like my comment got lost in cyberspace =/
    Samantha looks amazing =) Congratulations on this beautiful finish =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks lovely! Congrats on the finish :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's beautiful. Congratulations on such an incredible design. Can't wait to see her framed.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on both passing your exam and finishing Samantha. She looks stunning and must feel like such an achievement after all those years. Don't forget to show a picture of her framed and hanging on your wall. :)

    ReplyDelete