Tuesday 8 January 2019

2019 Cross Stitch Goals

Well, as you know, I've got quite a few WIPs (15) and I think that may have had something to do with my lack of stitching mo-jo in 2017 and that I was just a bit daunted by the choice I had.

So although I want to stitch on a few different designs this year, I am going to pick just 6 initially - some finishes, some other WIPs and dare I say it, a couple of new starts!

My goals for current WIPs are:

  1. Bands of Variation SAL(BOV) - Finish
      START:


      2. Safari Friends - Finish
      
      START:



      3. Playtime Kitten - progress, finish page 1 and maybe finish completely?!
    
      START:


      4. Love Spring - finish all cross stitches and start back stitches

      START:


Now on to my new starts!

      5. Mini Think Pink - Finish page 1


You may remember that I started the full size version of Think Pink and restarted it a few years ago, but never really counted it as a WIP since I had hardly done anything.  My Stitchy friend knew how much I loved the design and saw the mini version so she bought it for my birthday!



This will be my new year, new start, stitching 2 over 1, tent stitch on 25 count magic guide.

        6. Christmas at Home (Lakeside SAL 2017)

Although this was a SAL, I didn't buy it when the SAL was happening, but fell in love with it whilst others were posting their updates.  This picture isn't the best quality, I'll try and get a better one and post later.

Image result for christmas at home lakeside

I will only start this once two of the above are complete.

Rotation

Yes I'm starting a rotation again.  Since I don't get as much time to stitch nowadays I've 'borrowed' an idea I saw on flosstube. I'm allocating specific weeks/days of a month to a particular design.

Wednesdays will be BOV since that's my stitching club day.  The first 2 weeks of the month apart from Wednesdays will be Mini Think Pink. The last week of the month will be Safari Friends and the 2nd to last week of the month will alternate between Love Spring and Playtime Kitten.  For longer months, the spare 2/3 days will allow the finish of a column or page of Think Pink, or have a little stitching on the design I won't be stitching that month.

Confusing I know!

January

4th - 17th Think Pink
18th - 24th Playtime Kitten
25th - 31st Safari Friends

So excited about my stitching this year and will update here every month and may even start a Flosstube channel on YouTube!

Happy Stitching x

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year, good luck with your plans, happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete