Tuesday 8 January 2019

2018 Review - My Stitchy Bug is Back!

Hello there! Remember me???

So sorry for taking so long on adding a new blog entry – it’s been a crazy couple of years that’s for sure!

I last left you saying I Wanted to finish my Safari Friends sampler, unfortunately that didn’t happen, but I have made some progress this year.

Honestly, I really struggled to get into any stitching in 2017 until a friend of mine pointed out a band sampler SAL (Stitch-along) and said that it could really spark my stitchy bug again.  I agreed to join it and started the Bands of Variation SAL by Lakeside Needleworks on 1 October.  It was a 12 piece monthly SAL.

Although I didn’t get off to a good start, I joined a stitching group in April 2018 and having that quiet grown up time to just stitch, chat and drink tea was a revelation for me! The ladies are all lovely, and I’ve enjoyed meeting like minded people in ‘real life’.

Anyway, here’s a few WIP pictures and my end point in December 2018 (part 10 of 12):







As I mentioned previously, I did manage to make a little progress on the Safari Sampler, almost finishing page 2.  This one will get much more love in 2019:


So I did succeed in one aim - no new starts in 2018! Might have to make up for that in 2019...

I’ve got some exciting plans for 2019 now my stitchy bug is eager to go now, so look out for my other entry with my goals for the new year.

Happy Stitching x






No comments:

Post a Comment