Wednesday 6 February 2019

January ‘19 update & February Plans

Well what a great start to the year! I’ve absolutely loved my rotation and revisiting designs new, and old.  I think sticking to a calendar has made me enjoy the design I’m stitching on and look forward to going back to a different WIP. 

So first up was my New Year new start - Mini Think Pink stitched 2 over 1 Tent Stitch on 25 count Magic Guide. 


As you can see, I stitched just over 300 stitches sticking to the first column.  Since finishing the 2 weeks, I freaked out about seeing horizontal lines in my stitching so shall start feathering in February to minimise any straight lines and going down 2 columns to keep with the grid lines. So pleased with it so far though. 

Week 3 I worked on Playtime Kitten, which was slower going since I was so busy that week! I finished the green on those leaves and almost completed the flower.


Next time you see her, I’ll have finished the flower and started on the back stitch. 

Week 4 was my Safari Friends (real name Savannah Birth Sampler).  I actually got a lot done since I stole a Wednesday evening at my stitching group since it was on the frame and I wanted to finish the Monkey!


Well I did it! Just got a small amount of the frame to do and then I’ve got the lion below it or the elephant below the giraffe! I do feel the backstitch on this will kill me though, so I may start a bit next time. 

So my Wednesday project, Bands of Variation actually only got stitched on once this month because I was either tired or poorly those Wednesdays I missed, but here is what it looks like now:


Since my stitching mo-jo is well and truly back, I've been daydreaming about it a lot! So much so, I decided that I could have a workplace break time project now that they have a wellness room which is nice and quiet to stitch in.

So I chose Greek Steps, here's my tiny progress for the last week of January:


However, some of that red needed to come out as I'd miss counted....Hello Frog! 😖

Honestly though I'm so happy to stitch more and on these projects I've not stitched on for a while.  So much so, I've decided to join in with Farm Girl's #Stitch9Challenge.

This is where you pick 9 designs you want to finish, or finish part of during 2019. Here's the 9 designs I picked:


As a reminder, from top left: Bands of Variation, Greek Steps, Playtime Kitten, Love Spring, Millenium Sampler, Beverley's Owl, A Day in the Life of Hello Kitty, Safari Friends, Frogs Kissing.

I think they're all potential finishes apart from the Millenium Sampler, but want to try and get at least 3 or 4 squares done this year.

What I intend to do is that once one of those in my rotation are complete, I'll add one of the designs from these 9 and see how I go! So excited!

So the rotation for February '19 is:

1-14 - Mini Think Pink
15-21 - Love Spring
22-28 - Safari Friends

Wednesdays - Bands of Variation
Work Breaks - Greek Steps

So much to do, but so excited to get stuck in!

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. It's so great to hear you so excited about your stitching projects. Keep going you are doing incredibly well. Great New Year start on all projects.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete